There is no doubt about it, having a presence on the web is critical to finding new shoppers in your area and retaining existing ones. But, even if you have a website, are you doing all you can to help your shoppers find you online?
Here are the steps you should be taking to make sure your store can be found online and ultimately drive more shoppers to your store.
Why should you care about local search?
- The internet is the go to place to begin the search for information on stores around town. Make it easy for new and existing shoppers to find your contact information, directions to your store and what hours you are open.
- Appearing in local search results gives credibility to your store. Seeing your listing lets shoppers know that they can trust you and will give them the extra little push needed to make a visit into your store.
- Shoppers are using their smartphones to search for local businesses all of the time. Appearing in local search results (and having a mobile optimized website) gives your on-the-go shoppers access to information on how to get to your store.
- Be discoverable by new potential shoppers: It’s hard for shoppers to discover new stores in their area. Make it easy for them by ensuring you appear in their search engine results.
Three tips for improving your local SEO
Give your shoppers the information they need on your website.
- Where: Include your address and phone number in prominent locations on your website. Consider placing this information in the header or footer of your site so that it is available on every page of your site. Add a google map to make it easy for your shoppers to get directions to your store.
- When: Include your store hours so shoppers know when they can plan trips into your store or if they need to call to set up an appointment.
- What: Describe your store and the type of merchandise you carry on your site. Focus on the elements that make you, your store and your merchandise unique. Tell (or better yet, show!) your shoppers what kind of merchandise they can expect to find during a visit to the store.
Don’t have a website? You’re in luck! Boutique Window can be used as your store’s website and provides shoppers all the information they need to plan a trip into your store. Learn More.
Be a Socialista
Set up accounts and be active on each of the major social networks: Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. The higher quality the content is that you create and share on these networks, the more shared and seen that content will be. Be unique, be interesting.
Include social sharing elements on your website. Include links to your Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest accounts. Enable social sharing on your website so your visitors can like, tweet, pin and share information about your store.
Managing content on multiple social media sites and your store’s website can be challenging. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, Boutique Window can help. Boutique Window makes it easy by allowing you to create content once and publish it everywhere. Learn More
Create pages on online local business directories.
Following these basic steps will get you on the right track for ensuring your shoppers can find you online.