Last updated: January 1, 2013
We also want to inform you about your choices regarding information. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know (see “How to contact us” section below).
- We promise that we will never share your e-mail address or other identifiable information with any third party company (no external spam).
- We promise to protect your information through the use of secure databases.
Note that this Policy may be modified from time to time in our sole discretion, so check back frequently. We will notify you of any changes to the Policy by posting a new Policy and updating the “last modified” date at the top of this page.
How we collect information
We collect information in five basic ways:
- We collect information that you voluntarily provide to become a registered user or subscriber or registered visitor of Boutique Window’s Services.
- We collect information that you voluntarily provide when you post a comment to our site, or directly contact us through email, or other means.
- We collect information that you, as a registered user, voluntarily provide when you authenticate Boutique Window on certain third-party social networking sites (“SNS”) (including, but not limited to, Facebook and Twitter).
- We collect information that you voluntarily provide as a registered visitor of Boutique Window when you authenticate Boutique Window on Facebook.
- When you browse or use our Service, technological tools including “Log Data” and “Cookies” collect certain information, as explained in the following section.
Personally Identifiable Information.
When you register on the Site as a user or post a comment as a registered visitor of Boutique Window, we will ask you for certain information about you that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your name, gender, profile photo, location/hometown, credit card details and email address. You may, however, also visit portions of our Site anonymously.
We use your Personal Information to provide Boutique Window to you. For example:
- Account registration. We create your user account for your use of the Service based upon the Personal Information you provide.
- Communications. We use your Personal Information to contact you with Boutique Window newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your “preferences” information in your account settings. (See “Your choices regarding information,” below.)
- Customer service. We use your Personal Information to respond to your questions and/or inquiries.
When you visit the Service, whether as a registered user, a registered Visitor or a non-registered Visitor just browsing, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your IP address, the identity of your internet service provider, the name and version of your operating system, the browser type, the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Service, pages of our Service that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Service, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Service and the Service’s technical administration, to increase our Service’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor our Service to our visitors’ needs. For example, some of this information is collected so that when you visit the Service again, it will recognize you and the information could then be used to serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests. We also use this information to verify that visitors to the Service meet the criteria required to process their requests.
Sharing of your information
- Internal Use. We may provide certain pieces of your information to our employees and contractors, but will do so solely in the course of performing services you have requested, or in furtherance of the development of the Services.
- Boutique Window Registered Visitors. As a registered Boutique Window visitor, when you post a comment, other Boutique Window visitors and users will see your name and profile picture.
- Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose non-personally-identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
- Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services (e.g., maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Service’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Service are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Facebook Connect and Twitter, and other Social Media.
- We allow users to link their Facebook and Twitter accounts to our Service. Users can then post recent activity on our Service back to their Facebook and Twitter accounts. You can disable the foregoing feature at any time by logging into your profile and selecting the option to disable Facebook Connect and/or Twitter.
- We require all registered visitors to link their Facebook account to our Service. Registered visitors can post recent comments posted on our Service back to their Facebook account. You will be prompted to decide whether or not your activity on the Service will be shared and disclosed on your Facebook service.
- In the further we may allow users to link to other social media sites, and the sharing of information through those sites will be managed in a similar fashion.
Retail Success may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas, court orders, legal process or other valid law enforcement measures; to comply with a legal obligation; at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing Boutique Window and applicable laws; to protect the legal rights, interests, or safety of Boutique Window, our users or others; or when your actions violate the Retail Success’s Terms and Conditions Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you.
Your choices regarding information
You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
- Email Communications. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive email communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your “preferences” information in your account settings.
- Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
- De-Linking SNS. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your Social Network Service “SNS” account (e.g., Facebook or Twitter) linked to your Boutique Window account, then you may de-link the SNS account in the “settings” section in your account settings or through the account settings of your SNS. Or, if you are a registered visitor of Boutique Window, you can de-link Facebook from Boutique Window in your Facebook settings.
- Changing or Deleting Your Information. All users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their user account by contacting us or by editing their profile via the Service. If you completely delete all of your Personal Information, then your user account will become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Links to other sites and services
Our Service may contain links to other third-party websites and online services. If you choose to visit another website or online service by clicking on a link, you will be directed to that third party’s website or online service. The fact that we may link to a website or online service is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites and online services, and these third parties may place their own cookies or other files on your computer and collect data or solicit Personal Information and Non-Identifying Information from you. Other sites and online services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and/or disclosure of Personal Information and Non-Identifying Information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites or online services you visit before providing any information or using such websites or services.
We understand that many consumers are concerned about security on the Internet. The security of the information that you provide to us is also very important to us. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to our Site over the internet. We do our best, however, to ensure the security of all information that passes through our server, and to prevent unauthorized disclosure, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information, we have in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure any information we collect online. Our payment systems vendor uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an advanced encryption protocol, to scramble credit card information that you enter so that it cannot be read as it is transmitted across the Internet. SSL is the recognized industry standard worldwide for such sensitive transactions, enhancing safety when you shop with a credit card on the web. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer.
When using a shared computer, be sure to sign off and do not opt to stay logged in to BoutiqueWindow.com. Should you realize that you accidentally allowed a third party to access your account, you must let us know immediately, as you may be held liable for their actions in your name.
In the event that our security system is breached, we will attempt to notify you as soon as possible.
The content of our Site is appropriate for, but not targeted to, children under the age of thirteen. Boutique Window does not market its Services to this age group.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this Policy or any of the practices described herein, please contact us.