As an independent retail business owner, you know that reaching your shoppers online is important. You may have heard of or considered creating a blog in the past, but aren’t sure what the benefits are or what you could write about. A blog is a great way to communicate with new and existing shoppers online and there are many reasons to consider creating a blog as part of your online marketing efforts.
Benefits of Starting a Blog for Your Store
- Strengthen the relationship you have with existing customers by giving them a glimpse into the day to day at your store, giving them insight into your mission and vision for your brand and by giving them a sneak peek at your favorite merchandise.
- Blogging is free! There are many tools online where you can quickly and easily create an online blog – without needing to contact a developer or a designer.
- Creating blog content will give your store more exposure through search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo – increasing the likelihood your shoppers will find you online.
- Blogging is fun! Blogging is a great creative outlet for you to share your style perspective.
Not sure where to start? Here are some ideas.
- Let your customers know how to style your merchandise to create a new outfit that is on trend.
- Write about local events you have participated in or organizations you are a part of.
- Give your shoppers some background on who you are and why you opened your store. Let them know what you love to do in your free time.
- Introduce your employees and let them tell your shoppers why they love working at your store.
- Include testimonials from loyal customers letting new potential shoppers know why they are going to love the store as much as they do.
- Let your shoppers know when you are going to have an event at the store or a special sale.
- Show photos from your most recent event.
- Tell your shoppers about your other favorite stores in the area.
- Give your shoppers a glimpse into your most recent trip to a conference, trade show or market.
- Re-create outfits seen on TV using your merchandise.
What are some other great ideas for blog posts? Let us know in the comments below!
Image courtesy of www.embellishlife.com