Having a well-balanced social calendar is key to maximizing your engagement and exposure to shoppers online. Retailers should think about posting three types of content: product information, news & events and posts that are just for fun. Sharing an even mix of posts from each category ensures your posts will be interesting and relevant for your audience, enticing interaction and giving you a boost in engagement.
Show Off What You Sell
Shoppers want to see what’s available for purchase. Showcase photos of your current inventory to stay top of mind and increase brand recognition. Don’t forget to include details about the item (like brand and price) and make sure you are giving shoppers a way to browse more of your new arrivals.
- New arrivals
- Bestsellers and low-stock alerts
- Preorders and re-stock alerts
News & Events
Make sure shoppers know what’s happening in store.
- Upcoming special events and promotions
- Changes to store hours or policies
- Happenings in your community
Fun & Educational
Put the social in social media. Fans love seeing your store’s personality through posts that are just for fun or that give insight into your industry expertise. Your shoppers and are most likely to interact with this type of post, earning you major engagement points.
- Inspiring and motivational quotes
- Silly holidays and celebration for the everyday
- Memes, jokes and comics
- Industry-related content (style advice, trend reports, etc.)
- Aim to post between 1-2 times per day.
- Visual content is king. Always include a photo or video with your posts and keep the text caption concise.
- Give shoppers an incentive to interact with your posts by asking questions or hosting giveaways.
- Gain instant access to hundreds of ready-made posts with the Boutique Window Content Library.