School is out, the sun is shining and shoppers are gearing up for vacations. Stay on top of your marketing during these busy Summer months so you don’t miss out on sales! Here are some clever promotion and content ideas for June and July. Happy Summer!
Father’s Day – June 15th
Shoppers spent over $13 billion on Father’s Day gifts last year. Be sure to get in on the action!
- Start showcasing your gift guides now to remind shoppers that Dad’s big day is fast approaching.
- Run a Father’s Day contest on your social pages. Ask shoppers to share throwback photos or simply share a story about why their Dad is rad. Give away a gift card or create a gift bag full of local goods that any Dad would love.
Summer Solstice – June 21st
Celebrate the first official day of Summer (a.k.a. the longest day of the year).
- Open early and offer sunrise specials to start the day strong. Offer discounts on your summer merchandise and serve Arnold Palmers.
- Ask shoppers to share photos of their favorite summer activities for a chance to win sunglasses, beach towels or other summer-themed goodies.
Independence Day – July 4th
- Although most indie stores choose to close on the 4th of July, it’s still a great holiday to celebrate in the weeks leading up to the big day! Team up with neighboring businesses for a parking lot picnic or pitch a tent and host a sidewalk sale.
- Patriotic promotions are a fun way to incorporate the holiday into your sales. Offer special discounts or giveaways on merchandise that is red, white or blue.
Aside from the major holidays, engage with your shoppers socially surrounding these popular Summer events:
- FIFA World Cup – This international sporting event lasts four weeks (June 12th – July 13th) and only occurs every four years. Celebrate all things Brazil (the host city) or keep up with the competition and root for your favorite team.
- Social Media Day – A big day to be social! Make sure you’re engaging with your social shoppers on June 30th.
- Shark Week – Every year in early August, the internet is abuzz around this Discovery Channel TV event. Join the conversation and have some fun with your followers!
Even More Content Tips
Boutique Window offers hundreds of pre-designed social posts and email headers surrounding upcoming holidays and notable events. Look for content tips on your account dashboard every week and even more ideas in your email inbox twice a month. Stay ahead of the game all year long with Boutique Window as your trusted marketing partner. Contact us today for a demo!